Saturday, July 26, 2008

Jeepers Creepers

So the happy yellow jeep, could be a whole lot happier. I'll spare you the details, but my amazing 8 year old lovely who has been showing his age as of late, finally has had it with me. Since I moved downtown and now only drive him 10 miles a week on average, AND since he hasn't had his windows down or been on a road trip to speak of in months...he has thrown the ultimate tantrum. Fortunate that I don't require his services right now, but not coincidental that he needs $3000 of work including a new clutch being that I've not spent much on him in the last 5 years. Sigh. Poor thing. He's in love with my mountain Bike Poppy, and was so excited about the bike rack he had installed...and yet....since he clocked 100,000 miles in July last years, he's been...neglected. As was my ass after not riding Poppy for nearly 6 months. 6 miles from the dealership at 7am on Friday morning and I'm feeling it. In a good way though. I do miss the bike. Next time I'll make sure I put air in the tires....that should make it a bit easier to ride =]

I certainly am paying for not driving Jeep though. He's an in patient at the dealer this week while they order parts and I sort how exactly I will be paying for this, I may get him back as early as Thursday. And just as I start directing, work transitions and a fundriaser when I was so hoping that taking a day OFF of work to sort the car would magically make it to.

These are the days when I focus on this: VACATION SEPTEMBER 2009


It WILL happen, becuase it must, I'm over due. One day, one repair at a time. Looks like Ramen and Rice for the next 12 months.

No comments: