Friday, July 11, 2008

Terrible Two's?

So Lincoln, who turned arbitrarily 1 year old last week has apparently hit the cat terrible twos. Etiher that or he is part black lab, which I already think to be the case. My goal is to catch him playing his daily game of fetch (though often times it's JUST as I'm going to sleep) and his hilarious growl when he doesn't want me to throw it again, but rather just let him kill it fora bit. But this is the good and amusing part of Lincoln. He has presented me with some challenges as of late. And presented Paxton with some as well.


The desk has been an area of refuge for Paxton when he is done being attacked by Lincoln. It has also been the cat proofing staging area. Paxton like paper, but is mostly uninterested in cables, strings, and other human items. So it's safe to put things out of Lincolns reach up there.


Until last week when Little Cat discovered he was big enough and smart enough to get up there. Judging by some scrath marks (some hold on to dear life, this is slippery marks) I wager he missed a few times, but has now managed to master the climb and does so with pride. Each time he scales the mighty mountain he then proceeds to chew, scatter and swat at anything that moves (or doesn't move, I don't think it really matters). So I find cabinets, drawers and other places up higher and better hidden for such things like...gift ribbon. And why do I find other places. Because bless his heart, as sensitive and intelligent as he is, he things everything is food. and Gift ribbon, does not make good food. Particuarly 12 inches of it when a little cat eats it in one piece when I'm not looking, miraculously doesn't kill himself choking on it, and then refuses to digest it. Yes, I know now I could definately have kids, as I will probably do nothing so gross or horrifying as retrieve a foot of ribbon from a three legged cats rear. He's a handful to be sure.


Lincoln's other favorite game is jump on things like blankets, and act like you can't see him. He gives me very naughty looks when I look at him all flat and sly like and say "I see you". It's as if I am breaking the rules. He grow bigger and more mischievous but keeps Paxton well exercised and me laughing. hopefully I will succed in my video attempt later and be able to post.


No comments: