Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Play With Your Food

This is not just a blog about the cats. There are other things. But I happened to take this video last night as there was a RACKET being made during "quiet time." Apparently Lincoln found the salad box to be a bit more than he could resist....








In other news, I'll be directing Northside's production of Over the River and Through the Woods back to back with Flag Day. Money won't turn up until November, but I may be in for a small raise at work anyway so eventually my car will get back into shape. He's looking very sad, and needs a serious clean and fix all around. Hasn't had a chance to have the windows down at ALL this summer due to Paxton's vet visit.


Cat's Pajamas is going well, we've had snag after snag, but I think it actually will be a great event. I'm taking a day off of work on Thursday just to be at home putting stamps and lables on the postcards, and accepting acution donation drop offs. I actully have really enjoyed the organization part of this project. My binder is all neat, and my forms are efficient. The challege is that everyone likes to do their own thing, and doesn't necessarily think someone else whose "job" it is to direct has thought of something. I've tried to explain I can handle 99% of it, and I only need some help on a few other tasks, but it's been a chore to get them to focus....I guess they just don't know me very well.

If you can make it to the event, get your tickets online quick as the capacity is only 150 and we are likely to sell out the week of the event if not before. You will see my handy work not only in the organization of the event, but in the writing, actual performance, and I've taught myself powerpoint so we can have a slide presentation on some great rescue cats. The Goal is $2000 raised but I wager we might actually raise twice that. Should be a great way to get some kitties adopted and some more foster families too.

So I had a cupon for the movie theatre, free pass, and so I saw Dark Knight. Now I ahted the Batman Begins movie. Was very disappointed for many reasons, and though not impressed with the trailer or a particular fan of Heath Ledger I went anyway. Aside from a silly dramatic "batman" voice, and the fact that the movies was so LONG, I was actually surprised by how much I liked it. And though it does pain me a tad to say it, Heath kind of steals the film. Really well thought out choices, some of the best dialouge of the movie and honestly very well done. A solid 3 out of 5 RRD's (Rutger, Rockwell, and D'onofrio) which I may actually have to update as Mr Friaser is coming out with TWO films this summer and he's really at the top of his game, never ceasing to amaze me and make me laugh.

Some interesting work related tidbits soon....now...back to your regularly scheduled program.

No comments: