Saturday, July 19, 2008

Music to my Ears

Love the voice, not a fan of Newton Faulkner's Hair. Point for the redhead thing, and yet....not a look I condone. Still, fanTASTIC songs, the radio play that Dream Catch me is getting is nice.

Also really enjoying The Spill Canvas.

Worked the bar (I had to think when the last time I stood up for 6 hours straight, and I'll have to think twice before I do it again, SORE) at the Theatre on San Pedro Square. The band playing was Shanna Gilfix and the Back Lit Boys. They did some great covers as well as originals. Folky rock, with some blues, harmonica, Cello, Djembe, and mandolin slapped in for good measure. Nice people, and nice to see the space filled to the brim. We ran out of beer, TWICE, and good thing Longs is near by and open late. Although this is the song that kind of got the viral thing going, it's actually in my opinion not the best that they do, nor is the quality good enough to really show off her vocal talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axV8DQ1nWNk&feature=related

But a really fun group of people (the band) and always enojoy new music.....

Back to the grind....

No comments: